Sunday, April 7, 2013

Edmonton

We flew home to Ottawa on Friday and arrived around 5:30pm.  Saturday at 2pm, I flew to Edmonton (via Winnipeg).  I'm now settled into with the Bennett family who have kindly offered to host me while I am here for 4 weeks.  Judy Bennett is the sister of some friends of my parents from when we lived in Waterloo, so I met Judy for the first time at the airport yesterday!  She generously offered to host me when I was desperately trying to find a place to stay in Edmonton last month.

While in Edmonton I am going to be working at Stollery Children's Hospital with Dr. Dawn Davies in Pediatric Palliative Care.  

I don't have much to say about Edmonton at this time, other than that there is at least 2 feet of snow on the ground!  I thought the weather in London and Ottawa was bad!
View of the Bennett's backyard in Edmonton!
View from the LRT of the North Saskatchewan River which bisects the city of Edmonton.  Still definitely winter here...
 

Another view from the train of the river.




No comments:

Post a Comment