Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday

It is freezing here!  I know that you're thinking it can't be as bad as Ottawa, but it's that everything here is not set up for snow.  I did not bring winter boots or a really warm jacket.  This has made walking around London painfully cold.  Saturday I woke up to a light dusting of snow!

Snow!  Looking out my window.

I decided that it was a day for indoor activities.  I visited the National Gallery and then the British Museum.  I have been to both of these museums several times, but there is still more to see! I have still barely scraped the surface of the treasures that the British Museum holds.  

The National Gallery always has these incredible floral arrangements.  This week it was irises  and moss, last week there were fragrant lilies.  After taking this I was told that photographs were forbidden. I understand that they don't want photos taken of the art, but of the flowers?  Really?

St. Martin in the Fields and the National Gallery at Trafalgar Square.

Trafalgar Square, looking very gray and cold.





At the end of the day I braved the cold to check out the Camden Town Market.  There is a cute little canal, but otherwise the market was not anything special and I was really too cold to think about buying anything, so I headed home to re-heat.  Hoping for warmer weather...

Canal at Camden Market

I was here, it was cold...brr.




No comments:

Post a Comment